Mario Golf: Super Rush Switch NSP/XCI + UPDATE

limitz

Re: Mario Golf: Super Rush Switch NSP/XCI + UPDATE

Post by limitz »

Is the NSP Update patched for lower firmware as well? Or is it only the XCI Update that's patched for lower firmware?
:party: Image
Cronos
Site Admin

Post by Cronos »

limitz wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:29 pm
Is the NSP Update patched for lower firmware as well? Or is it only the XCI Update that's patched for lower firmware?
only xci
ZebraNation

Post by ZebraNation »

Thank you for responding. I have heard of Atmosphere, but thought I would give one more try with SXOS before moving on.
It sounds like Atmosphere can play XCIs, but in a different way from SXOS? When you said 're-downloading XCIs', did you mean this literally, or was it something like deleting the XCI off of the memory card and then re-installing it?
If you have any recommendations on sites that show how to go from SXOS to Atmosphere, please let me know if able. If not, there is always Google.
Thanks again.
ZebraNation

Post by ZebraNation »

safcalibur wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:03 am
ZebraNation wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:44 am
I think I found a way forward. Looked up something called ChoiDujourNX.
Yes you can use choidujournx to update your emunand without burning fuses which is good if you need to downgrade at any point.

Regarding sxos 3.1.0 it would be worth checking if it plays nicely with firmware 11.0 I know in the past some beta versions threw up errors and you had to keep restarting your switch.

I think eventually you’ll have to move across to Atmosphere at some point with sxos not being updated. I did this the other day very easy to do and you don’t lose any saved games etc, you do however lose the ability to mount xci files so I had to redownload my xci files and install them. Other than that I think it’s worth it.
Thank you for responding. I have heard of Atmosphere, but thought I would give one more try with SXOS before moving on.
It sounds like Atmosphere can play XCIs, but in a different way from SXOS? When you said 're-downloading XCIs', did you mean this literally, or was it something like deleting the XCI off of the memory card and then re-installing it?
If you have any recommendations on sites that show how to go from SXOS to Atmosphere, please let me know if able. If not, there is always Google.
Thanks again.
safcalibur

Post by safcalibur »

ZebraNation wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:52 pm
safcalibur wrote:
ZebraNation wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:44 am
I think I found a way forward. Looked up something called ChoiDujourNX.
Yes you can use choidujournx to update your emunand without burning fuses which is good if you need to downgrade at any point.

Regarding sxos 3.1.0 it would be worth checking if it plays nicely with firmware 11.0 I know in the past some beta versions threw up errors and you had to keep restarting your switch.

I think eventually you’ll have to move across to Atmosphere at some point with sxos not being updated. I did this the other day very easy to do and you don’t lose any saved games etc, you do however lose the ability to mount xci files so I had to redownload my xci files and install them. Other than that I think it’s worth it.
Thanks again.
No worries mate happy to help.

With Atmosphere you have to install the xci files just like you would abs nsp file, with sx os you had the ability to mount the file but sadly not with atmosphere at the moment so I had to install the xci files so I could play them using tinfoil. I’ve now started using goldleaf with NUT as it supports installs over usb so don’t have to keep taking the memory card out!

I used this video to move over to atmosphere very very easy to do just make sure you have the latest sigpatches as well.

https://www.sthetix.info/migrating-from ... tmosphere/

Any issues give me a shout.
ZebraNation

Post by ZebraNation »

safcalibur wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:33 pm
ZebraNation wrote:
safcalibur wrote:

Thanks again.

With Atmosphere you have to install the xci files just like you would abs nsp file, with sx os you had the ability to mount the file but sadly not with atmosphere at the moment so I had to install the xci files so I could play them using tinfoil. I’ve now started using goldleaf with NUT as it supports installs over usb so don’t have to keep taking the memory card out!

I used this video to move over to atmosphere very very easy to do just make sure you have the latest sigpatches as well.

Thank you so much for the video link.
I did view the link, but unfortunately did not have audio at the time, so it left me with a couple of questions:
- It looks like for the initial set-up, you have to have the Switch hooked up to the PC. What I could not tell for sure was if the Switch needs to be hooked up to the PC every time you want to use Atmosphere?
- Since I am using SX Os Pro (with the jig and plug-in module), it seemed like I still need to use that to access Atmosphere? (usually after done playing, I tend to shut down the Switch entirely)
- From your previous response, Tinfoil is good to use for XCI files, so long as you don't mind swapping out the memory card to add/delete games. Are you aware if Tinfoil is still supported, or is it being phased out in support of goldleaf/NUT?

I realize I've become a pest at this point with the questions, so thank you for the info you have provided to date, and i understand if you don't want to respond.
I rather liked SX Os Pro for its apparent simplicity, so when it comes to switching to a new method, I can be a bit of scaredy cat.
safcalibur

Post by safcalibur »

ZebraNation wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:26 am
safcalibur wrote:
ZebraNation wrote:

Thanks again.

I did view the link, but unfortunately did not have audio at the time, so it left me with a couple of questions:
- It looks like for the initial set-up, you have to have the Switch hooked up to the PC. What I could not tell for sure was if the Switch needs to be hooked up to the PC every time you want to use Atmosphere?
- Since I am using SX Os Pro (with the jig and plug-in module), it seemed like I still need to use that to access Atmosphere? (usually after done playing, I tend to shut down the Switch entirely)
- From your previous response, Tinfoil is good to use for XCI files, so long as you don't mind swapping out the memory card to add/delete games. Are you aware if Tinfoil is still supported, or is it being phased out in support of goldleaf/NUT?

I realize I've become a pest at this point with the questions, so thank you for the info you have provided to date, and i understand if you don't want to respond.
I rather liked SX Os Pro for its apparent simplicity, so when it comes to switching to a new method, I can be a bit of scaredy cat.
Hi mate

you're very welcome, happy to answer any posts/questions so you're not becoming a pest :)

- So yes, in order to use Atmosphere you can use an RCM Jig and Loader set up similar to the sx os dongle (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274422328643) but you'll need to buy one and add the fusee.primary.bin file to it OR you can download TegraRcm to your PC, put the switch in rcm mode, connect the switch to PC via USB C cable and inject the payload that way. I tend to keep my switch in standby mode and have done mostly for the last few years and still works great so dont need to keep injecting a payload.
- I also used the sx os pro but since moving to Atmosphere the dongle is now redundant, I still use the jig and then connect to PC to inject payload so its a tethered jailbreak if you like but as I mentioned above you can buy RCM loaders and make it portable as well up to you if you want to spend the money on a new loader.
- I'm using Tinfoil with NUT and Goldleaf with Quark (sorry I made an error in my last post and posted goldleaf with NUT which isnt correct) Both Tinfoil and goldleaf are very much supported, sx installer is basically tinfoil with an sx skin on it so you;ll be right at home using tinfoil if you used sx installer. I moved over to Goldleaf/Quark as I was getting tired of having to keep taking my sd card out to put new games/updates etc and goldleaf/quark allows you to install games to the sd card without having to remove it by just connecting you switch to your pc with usb cable and running goldleaf on switch and quark on pc. This method only allows you to install .nsp files however, for xci files you will need to remove sd card.

Hope that helps, happy for you to ask any more questions :)

thanks

Saf
ZebraNation

Post by ZebraNation »

safcalibur wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:34 am
ZebraNation wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:26 am
safcalibur wrote:

Hi mate

you're very welcome, happy to answer any posts/questions so you're not becoming a pest :)

- So yes, in order to use Atmosphere you can use an RCM Jig and Loader set up similar to the sx os dongle (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274422328643) but you'll need to buy one and add the fusee.primary.bin file to it OR you can download TegraRcm to your PC, put the switch in rcm mode, connect the switch to PC via USB C cable and inject the payload that way. I tend to keep my switch in standby mode and have done mostly for the last few years and still works great so dont need to keep injecting a payload.
- I also used the sx os pro but since moving to Atmosphere the dongle is now redundant, I still use the jig and then connect to PC to inject payload so its a tethered jailbreak if you like but as I mentioned above you can buy RCM loaders and make it portable as well up to you if you want to spend the money on a new loader.
- I'm using Tinfoil with NUT and Goldleaf with Quark (sorry I made an error in my last post and posted goldleaf with NUT which isnt correct) Both Tinfoil and goldleaf are very much supported, sx installer is basically tinfoil with an sx skin on it so you;ll be right at home using tinfoil if you used sx installer. I moved over to Goldleaf/Quark as I was getting tired of having to keep taking my sd card out to put new games/updates etc and goldleaf/quark allows you to install games to the sd card without having to remove it by just connecting you switch to your pc with usb cable and running goldleaf on switch and quark on pc. This method only allows you to install .nsp files however, for xci files you will need to remove sd card.

Hope that helps, happy for you to ask any more questions :)

thanks

Saf
Saf,

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. That was a solid explanation which helped out a lot, especially when explaining the tethered jailbreak concept.
It's nice to know about the RCM loader as a portable option (in case I would ever have to go on travel for work). I thought the SX Os Pro Dongle might act as a RCM loader, but since you need that fusee bin file, that seems like a lost cause.
I'm going to review the video again to make sure I got everything straight, although I didn't pay close enough attention for keeping everything updated when a new firmware comes out (e.g., something about making sure I had the latest 'signatures').

Thanks again, O Wise One.
xanires

Post by xanires »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru