[Switch] Switch emulator Yuzu runs commercial games

Cronos
Site Admin

[Switch] Switch emulator Yuzu runs commercial games

Post by Cronos »

https://i.imgur.com/vF0BA6c.png
Now the emulator of Nintendo Switch is progressing, the open-source emulator now allows to run some commercial games.

For the moment, don't get excited, there are only 3 games that start, the Team talks about boot and no playability, the developers announce that "at the moment, most games do not work, and the games will be incredibly slow, and will not run long without problems. "

Here are the 3 titles that "start":

- The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth +
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Cave Story +

The next step is to run more games, and try to emulate the GPU to achieve proper rendering, and improve playback speed, and limit display bugs.

You will understand, it is not tomorrow the day we will really be able to enjoy the emulation of the Switch, but it is moving in the right direction and it's already good to take. wait and see ;-)
Hugnkiss

Re: [Switch] Switch emulator Yuzu runs commercial games

Post by Hugnkiss »

This is awesome, But will the big N shut them down? Now the reason I am asking this because with the switch not being very old and still is a hot seller this could be seen as a alternative that they would want it stop asap. I honstly think its pretty great that it can boot games, it may take off just like what the cmeu has. Nice post :-D
Coyote

Post by Coyote »

I was expecting to find Breath of the wild here :crying:
Hugnkiss

Post by Hugnkiss »

Coyote wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:42 am
I was expecting to find Breath of the wild here :crying:
I am sure once this emulator gets built better thats more then likely the game that will be worked on the most for it. Cause of it can handel Zelda then it can handel any game. :-)
ihatetrump

Post by ihatetrump »

Great news, however I'm with Hugs on this one. I can't see N being too happy about this but maybe they won't notice. I guess we'll see.
xanires

Post by xanires »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо