What is the point of VRR at 4k? New to the TV market

driplpent

What is the point of VRR at 4k? New to the TV market

Post by driplpent »

I'm coming from 6+ years of PC gaming so have been through a variety of monitors in my time, but I've never owned a TV. I'd say I have a strong understanding of most monitor technologies but the TV market seems to be quite hard to understand - I'm currently doing a load of research but can't seem to come to a solid conclusion on what TV purchase is the smartest (financially); 10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254

Buying old models of TV's doesn't seem to be an option. For example, buying 'new' monitors that were released in 2018 onwards is easy. But I can't see this happening with TV's, you HAVE to buy this year's model in new condition. Is this because the stock for old models is finite, they no longer get produced? I understand if you want an older model you are stuck with buying used from ebay, marketplace etc. Surely there are TV's from 2019 that are close to the performance of 2022 models. I haven't heard of any substantial technology leaps in this timeframe. I like this approach of purchasing for most tech as I don't need bleeding edge, and the discounts are often massive.

'Gaming' marketed televisions all have VRR and are 120hz. My PS5 will be used for sofa gaming, so a locked 60fps at a high resolution is the logical decision. I'd save competitive gaming at high refresh rates for my PC. I know PS5 will be getting VRR support soon, but will I even need it in this scenario? I've been looking at games and most support 4k 60, and I believe this would be the primary focus from developers (most console players are sofa based). I know for a fact that games at 4k 120hz is not possible with the PS5 hardware. I'm assuming 1080p 120hz on a large display wouldn't look the best, and this is quite a niche section of games, some racing or shooters for example. To me, there seems to be market deception that you MUST have VRR and 120hz to get the most out of the console but I'm not sure this is the truth if you want to play at 4k60. I'd still be playing racers and shooters however.

Disregarding 120hz, will some 4k60 games suffer without VRR? Would a constant 4k 60hz non-VRR be almost identical in experience to playing at 60hz on a VRR capable display? Can anyone share their experiences or tests with this?

If anyone else went through a similar thought process please share your thoughts. Thanks for the help!
xanires

Re: What is the point of VRR at 4k? New to the TV market

Post by xanires »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт
FrankJScott

New Product Site

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about High Rated Product Guide 74ae6_5