Uncompressing Roms for switch?

Do you have a question or a problem ? This is where you have to post.
J Flo

Uncompressing Roms for switch?

Post by J Flo »

So of course the ripped roms aren't playable yet via emulation or cfw. but how will the format be ran in the directory?
download as "untitled.NSW-BigBlueBox.rar" with unzipped sub files as "bbb-h-af3ba.part01.rar" ect...
Would i unzip everything or change the extention like isos. .rar to "untitled.NSW"
Cronos
Site Admin

Re: Uncompressing Roms for switch?

Post by Cronos »

J Flo wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm
So of course the ripped roms aren't playable yet via emulation or cfw. but how will the format be ran in the directory?
download as "untitled.NSW-BigBlueBox.rar" with unzipped sub files as "bbb-h-af3ba.part01.rar" ect...
Would i unzip everything or change the extention like isos. .rar to "untitled.NSW"
subject moved

just unrar all files , but don't change the extention ;-)
J Flo

Post by J Flo »

Do we know the directory structure aready?

sd
└── Nintendo
├── Album
├── Contents
└── save
|_____GAME > Untitled Game Folder > bbb-h-af3ba.xci ?
Cronos
Site Admin

Post by Cronos »

J Flo wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:16 pm
Do we know the directory structure aready?

sd
└── Nintendo
├── Album
├── Contents
└── save
|_____GAME > Untitled Game Folder > bbb-h-af3ba.xci ?
even if we know the structure to implement the hacked games, we can't advance anything , because the hack not available right now , please wait ;-)
J Flo

Post by J Flo »

..yes i know its not available yet. wasnt really asking for help or stating that I had an issue. not sure why it was moved to here. just making conversation..
Cronos
Site Admin

Post by Cronos »

J Flo wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:05 am
..yes i know its not available yet. wasnt really asking for help or stating that I had an issue. not sure why it was moved to here. just making conversation..
don't worry , I put it here because it's the right place to open that kind of conversation ;-)
Dark_Raven

Post by Dark_Raven »

Latest information from Team Xecuter on running of roms is as follows:
"Copy the XCI files to the root of your Nintendo Switch microSD card so SX OS will be able to find them."

The Nintendo Switch supports FAT32 and exFAT.
Because some of the roms are very large and they go over the 4GB limit that FAT32 supports, that means you will either have to format the card as exFAT and then load them on:
WARNING!! (The switch upon detecting an SDXC card inserted will prompt you to download an update to use that format which will bring you up to 5.0.2)

or

Split files in the form of "filename.xc0" "filename.xc1" "filename.xc2" and so on to support ROMs larger than 4GB on FAT32.

There are multiple file splitters out there to do the job. A free windows utility is linked here:
http://www.filesplitter.org/Free-File-S ... 0.1189.exe

Load the file, select the destination folder for the files and the file size of each file you want to use. It hasn't been specified what filesize the SX OS will use, so i'll get back to you at some point when mine arrives.

There is a CDN download tool called "CDNX - CDN Downloader" that i think would have the potential to be able to download the specific updates required to download and install the exFAT package on the switch without having to migrate you to v5.0.2 but i haven't tried this.
cominetor

Post by cominetor »

hi, i've downloaded form gdrive some games but when i try to uncompress them i received every time the same error: "archive incomplete".
what can i do? i'm on a mac.
thanks!
Cronos
Site Admin

Post by Cronos »

cominetor wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:21 pm
hi, i've downloaded form gdrive some games but when i try to uncompress them i received every time the same error: "archive incomplete".
what can i do? i'm on a mac.
thanks!
open a new topic please