Can banned people download updates?

Do you have a question or a problem ? This is where you have to post.
sirdodgy

Can banned people download updates?

Post by sirdodgy »

I have no interest in online play or using the Nintendo store but having the latest update for the games without hoping someone uploads an updated version would be nice.

I read an article saying that someone banned could still download game updates, just not play online or access the store.

I'm wondering if anyone here has who has been banned for modding their switch has tried updating?
Care_Bears

Re: Can banned people download updates?

Post by Care_Bears »

sirdodgy wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:07 pm
I have no interest in online play or using the Nintendo store but having the latest update for the games without hoping someone uploads an updated version would be nice.

I read an article saying that someone banned could still download game updates, just not play online or access the store.

I'm wondering if anyone here has who has been banned for modding their switch has tried updating?
Updating of a game and banning are two diffrent things so yes you can still update game's even if banned from online services. Hope this help's
sirdodgy

Post by sirdodgy »

Care_Bears wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:26 pm
Updating of a game and banning are two diffrent things so yes you can still update game's even if banned from online services. Hope this help's
What do you mean by they are two different things? On 3ds if you get banned from modding you can no longer update the games via nintendos official methods. I was wondering if the switch is different to what they have shown in the past.

This article
states that "The ban means that the eShop, online gaming, adding friends, and social media posting functionalities have all been taken away from the console, although game updates and the news channel are still working as expected." but doesn't actually link to any sources showing that to be true. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this.
Care_Bears

Post by Care_Bears »

sirdodgy wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:13 pm
Care_Bears wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:26 pm
What do you mean by they are two different things? On 3ds if you get banned from modding you can no longer update the games via nintendos official methods. I was wondering if the switch is different to what they have shown in the past.

This article
states that "The ban means that the eShop, online gaming, adding friends, and social media posting functionalities have all been taken away from the console, although game updates and the news channel are still working as expected." but doesn't actually link to any sources showing that to be true. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this.
Well from what i know of the switch mainly uses updates to patch game's and bugs or to add new feature's i dont think game updates will be taken away seems thats diffrent to online servers and is mainly fixed by developers.
How'er this hasnt been talked about yet.
I doupt they will remove this from banned online consoles as far as im aware its only eshop and online play this meaning there should be update's due to new games and perhaps nintendo console update's hope this kinda helps you.
xanires

Post by xanires »

xanires

Post by xanires »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт