How switch download works questions

Do you have a question or a problem ? This is where you have to post.
rauber-sama

How switch download works questions

Post by rauber-sama »

So i'm new to this kind of thing and when i tried to download a few games to get ready for my switch, but im faced with so many options that i'm kind of lost. So i put up a few questions:
1- I heard that the XCI format is the correct one to use the games, but i saw some and even downloaded pokken DX as an istorage file. How will that work on my switch?

2- I saw several links to GoogleDrive and when i enter them there are several files with coded names, should i download them all or just the latest one?

3- How the DLC and updates for games work? For instance i downloaded blazblue cross tag battle, but will it come will all available dlc? And later if more dlc comes how will i update it? Also for games with updates, should i just download them normally or what?

4- I have two digital games i bought before buying the SXPRO(xenoblade 2 with season pass and DK tropical freeze), i can leave them in my SD card with the downloaded games from here?
F4ustus

Re: How switch download works questions

Post by F4ustus »

1. I dont know sorry kinda new to modded switch too

2. You download them all and unpack it with 7zip or WinRar into 1 file

3. Some games will come with the dlc most of them have an info file with them called .nfo you can open them with text editor or a nfo reader you can find over google they will most likely tell u what is included in the release

4. yes u can leave them on your sd card but be sure to keep your switch in flight mode while you are booted on the custom firmare or you risk getting blocked from Online features by nintendo, then u will lose the eshop and future online play! after you turned the switch off and boot up in the Original FW you should be good to go , but no guarantee there
rauber-sama

Post by rauber-sama »

F4ustus wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:58 am
1. I dont know sorry kinda new to modded switch too

2. You download them all and unpack it with 7zip or WinRar into 1 file

3. Some games will come with the dlc most of them have an info file with them called .nfo you can open them with text editor or a nfo reader you can find over google they will most likely tell u what is included in the release

4. yes u can leave them on your sd card but be sure to keep your switch in flight mode while you are booted on the custom firmare or you risk getting blocked from Online features by nintendo, then u will lose the eshop and future online play! after you turned the switch off and boot up in the Original FW you should be good to go , but no guarantee there
Thanks for the answers!
Just the one thing you might have missed is in question 3, regarding updates, can i update any game normally or should i wait for an update to be released here on the site?
If you don't know it's fine, someone else might be able to help :)
jritz

Post by jritz »

1) istorage is a decrypted .xci file used for exploring files using the Switch Toolbox program. You cannot turn istorage into xci. You need to download from a proper release.

2) I'm not sure I understand this question. If you mean there are multiples of the same file across each of the links, it may be a split archive. Sometimes a compressed file may be split into multiple archives. This allows uploaders to stay within file sharing site size restrictions.

For instance, if I have a game (xci file) that is 2 GB and the file sharing site only allows for 500MB max upload size, I would compress and split that xci file into four archives. When a file is compressed into an archive, you may be familiar with "filenamehere.rar". When a file is compressed is split into multiple archives, it becomes "filenamehere.part1", "filenamehere.part2", "filenamehere.part3", and "filenamehere.part4".

You will need an archive program like 7zip or WinRAR to MERGE split archives you've downloaded.

3) DLC and updates require access to the Nintendo CDN (content distribution network), the eshop server. You should never go online with a pirated game. This includes making requests for the game update and purchasing DLC. You will be banned.

If you want to update or download DLC for your pirated game, you need to FIND and download the ".nsp" file. Install that file using DevMenu. I explain in this link below how to install .nsp using DevMenu.

viewtopic.php?p=8072#p8072

4) Yes. They are yours; attached to your console and safe to go online with since they have your console-specific ID. TO PLAY THEM, delete error reports THEN load into official firmware (NOT SX CUSTOM FIRMWARE).

Deleting error reports is important prior to returning to official firmware because it is a safety measure against bans. AS OF THIS POST, the hacking community does not fully understand Nintendo's telemetry SO THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE YOU WILL NOT BE BANNED. It just helps. A strange error report may prompt a sudden ban when the device phones home to daddy Nintendo. To delete error reports on your device, visit this forum thread and follow the "How to Use" section. Hekate gives you the option to clear error reports when you start it.
rauber-sama

Post by rauber-sama »

jritz wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:16 pm
1) istorage is a decrypted .xci file used for exploring files using the Switch Toolbox program. You cannot turn istorage into xci. You need to download from a proper release.

2) I'm not sure I understand this question. If you mean there are multiples of the same file across each of the links, it may be a split archive. Sometimes a compressed file may be split into multiple archives. This allows uploaders to stay within file sharing site size restrictions.

For instance, if I have a game (xci file) that is 2 GB and the file sharing site only allows for 500MB max upload size, I would compress and split that xci file into four archives. When a file is compressed into an archive, you may be familiar with "filenamehere.rar". When a file is compressed is split into multiple archives, it becomes "filenamehere.part1", "filenamehere.part2", "filenamehere.part3", and "filenamehere.part4".

You will need an archive program like 7zip or WinRAR to MERGE split archives you've downloaded.

3) DLC and updates require access to the Nintendo CDN (content distribution network), the eshop server. You should never go online with a pirated game. This includes making requests for the game update and purchasing DLC. You will be banned.

If you want to update or download DLC for your pirated game, you need to FIND and download the ".nsp" file. Install that file using DevMenu. I explain in this link below how to install .nsp using DevMenu.

viewtopic.php?p=8072#p8072

4) Yes. They are yours; attached to your console and safe to go online with since they have your console-specific ID. TO PLAY THEM, delete error reports THEN load into official firmware (NOT SX CUSTOM FIRMWARE).

Deleting error reports is important prior to returning to official firmware because it is a safety measure against bans. AS OF THIS POST, the hacking community does not fully understand Nintendo's telemetry SO THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE YOU WILL NOT BE BANNED. It just helps. A strange error report may prompt a sudden ban when the device phones home to daddy Nintendo. To delete error reports on your device, visit this forum thread and follow the "How to Use" section. Hekate gives you the option to clear error reports when you start it.
Thanks!!! This solved all of my questions! If i need any more help i will post it here
xanires

Post by xanires »

xanires

Post by xanires »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо