Some questions about SX Pro

Do you have a question or a problem ? This is where you have to post.
18Phoenix

Some questions about SX Pro

Post by 18Phoenix »

Hello everyone,

I just ordered my SX Pro, but before I'll receive it in 2 weeks, I've already some questions:

• About XCI and NSP:
    • Can I use NSP updates + DLC with the game in XCI format ?
      Like using the cardrigde with installed updated ?
      Or must the game be installed with NSP file aswell to get it working ?
    • What are pro and contra for xci or nsa?
      pro: xci files can be boot immediately.
  • Even with booting in OFW for going online, don't I risk a ban, when the microsd with xci files and others is still inserted ?
  • I don't want to use the standby mode.
    So I just have to insert the Pro dongle every time starting the switch once ?
  • What about charging the SX Pro dongle.
    Is it correct that it just needs some seconds in the switch menu ?
The5Venomz

Re: Some questions about SX Pro

Post by The5Venomz »

18Phoenix wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:45 pm
Hello everyone,

I just ordered my SX Pro, but before I'll receive it in 2 weeks, I've already some questions:

• About XCI and NSP:
    • Can I use NSP updates + DLC with the game in XCI format ?
      Like using the cardrigde with installed updated ?
      Or must the game be installed with NSP file aswell to get it working ?
    • What are pro and contra for xci or nsa?
      pro: xci files can be boot immediately.
  • Even with booting in OFW for going online, don't I risk a ban, when the microsd with xci files and others is still inserted ?
  • I don't want to use the standby mode.
    So I just have to insert the Pro dongle every time starting the switch once ?
  • What about charging the SX Pro dongle.
    Is it correct that it just needs some seconds in the switch menu ?
From what I understand you can use NSP updates and DLC with an XCI as long as they are the same region. I haven't tested it yet though.

NSP gets installed to your sdcard and then you can erase the NSP file after the install. Also after the NSP install the game is available from the home menu.

XCI you have to load one at a time. For example... Go to the photo menu, select Octopath Traveler, it shows up on home screen. You select it and it plays. When you want to play another XCI you must close Octopath, then go to the photo menu and select next game, then start from home screen.

Yes you always risk a ban.

Why don't you use standby? That's the magic of having a Switch... Instant access... But to answer your question, yes, everytime you totally shut down the Switch or remove the sdcard you have to use the dongle.

Yes, charging only takes a few seconds and can be done from the switch or micro USB cord.
18Phoenix

Post by 18Phoenix »

Ok, thanks for answering :)

So, to avoid a ban I have to put out the microsd everytime ? That's realy very uncomfortable..

I'm thinking about standby. I read that the need is just so small, it'll cost only a few cents per month.
The5Venomz

Post by The5Venomz »

18Phoenix wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:51 am
Ok, thanks for answering :)

So, to avoid a ban I have to put out the microsd everytime ? That's realy very uncomfortable..

I'm thinking about standby. I read that the need is just so small, it'll cost only a few cents per month.
At this point I don't think there's a way to be safe from a ban. I don't remove my SD Card, I don't think the Sdcard has anythibg to do with getting banned... I was saying you have to power the switch down everytime you remove the sdcard thus you must use the dongle again.

I don't understand what you mean with your comments about standby.
irocadiext

Post by irocadiext »

i cannot imagine moving your micro sd card will make a bit of difference. again pulling your micro sd will not prevent ban. Nintendo likely sees other deeper markers that the system has been modded. certain errors logged, etc.
i ve used xci games and nps updates without a problem. I assume that they have to be same region for them to work together. that was how it worked with ps3 back in the day.
only sure way we know to not get banned is stay in airplane mode forever until confirmed methods of avoiding ban have been discovered.
As for the standby mode. i ve left mine in standby or sleep mode for a few hours at a time while running the sx os fw, with no problems. it seems to be no different than being in sleep mode with official nintendo firmware. I always had the habit of completely shutting down anyway from day 1 of having system so when i m done that s what i do. truth is if you play in handheld mode and shutdown completely, then place in dock, if you look at the screen the system seems to wake up and go into sleep mode anyway so...
18Phoenix

Post by 18Phoenix »

First thanks to all given answers :-)

But I've some more questions :laugh:
  • For the SX Pro the firmware doesn't matter at all and I can update first to the newest firmware?
    I only have to watch for unpatched serials when buying the Switch the next days?
  • Could XCI files already include updates or DLCs ?
    Or is it always like the original cardridge?
    It seems that some PROPER releases include updates.
    But how do I check it? It can't be that only the nfo tells me.
    XCI-Explorer doesn't help, it shows the same game revision. Is it hidden in the partitions?
  • Is it ok to trim files with the XCI-Explorer to save space ?
    But if yes, why aren't the releases already trimed?
  • If I shouldn't go online to avoid a ban, how can I update in future?
    Is this update included in xci-files of games, that normal need an update and can I use it with XS Pro?
PS: In this forum the code for listing with numbers doesn't work: list=1 works, list=2 and following don't :(
The5Venomz

Post by The5Venomz »

18Phoenix wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:53 am
First thanks to all given answers :-)

But I've some more questions :laugh:
  • For the SX Pro the firmware doesn't matter at all and I can update first to the newest firmware?
    I only have to watch for unpatched serials when buying the Switch the next days?
  • Could XCI files already include updates or DLCs ?
    Or is it always like the original cardridge?
    It seems that some PROPER releases include updates.
    But how do I check it? It can't be that only the nfo tells me.
    XCI-Explorer doesn't help, it shows the same game revision. Is it hidden in the partitions?
  • Is it ok to trim files with the XCI-Explorer to save space ?
    But if yes, why aren't the releases already trimed?
  • If I shouldn't go online to avoid a ban, how can I update in future?
    Is this update included in xci-files of games, that normal need an update and can I use it with XS Pro?
PS: In this forum the code for listing with numbers doesn't work: list=1 works, list=2 and following don't :(
Yes update the the firmware...

XCI would only be the original cart I would imagine...

I don't have any experience in trimming...

Only time will tell about the firmware updates... I would imagine you boot into stock OS and update. You may have to risk a ban... Or maybe it will be included in an XCI of a game that requires a higher firmware.
xanires

Post by xanires »

xanires

Post by xanires »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting