Ps4 FTP to delete bloatware

In this section, we will help you better understand what may seem unclear to you.
Warped

Ps4 FTP to delete bloatware

Post by Warped »

So i was playing around with the FTP functionality on a 5.05 ps4 and i came up with a way to remove otherwise unremovable bloatware such as "The Playroom" which can be annoying for people like me who like to have it clean on the menu and also save disck space for something useful. Im not gonna be able to show you the ps4 side of things cause i have already deleted "The Playroom" but i will show pretty much what you need to do in order to get that same result.

Be wary of what you try to delete as im not sure how to get said apps back (didn't test on how to get it back as i don´t want it back anyways), but if i had to guess i would say reinstalling the firmware would do it.

-Fist thing is you need a ps4 on 5.05 or lower injected with a payload that has FTP
-A ftp client (i use Filezilla)
-Ps4 and Pc connected to the same network (for obvious reasons)
-A DB editor (Data base editor) i use "DB browser for SQLite"

Lets get started !

-Start your ps4 go to user´s guide as you would normaly for the payload injection and start the FTP option
-Take note of your Ps4 listing and used port on your network
-Introduce said listing and port on Filezilla. (For instance server : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port:xxxx)
-Your ps4 root should show on the right side
-Navigate to: /system_data/priv/mms/app.db
-Extract app.db to your pc and make a backup just in case
-Open the DB editor

Here´s were it gets interesting, on "DB browser for SQLite" (the only one i have ever used so far) pick the option "Browse Data"

-In there you will see all your installed ps4 aplications so browse to the one you want to delete (and it´s not possible under normal circumstances as the ps4 doesn't give the option to, im using "The Playroom" for this tutorial)

-Scroll to the right and you will see "canRemove" when it´s set to 0 it doesn't give you the option to remove on the ps4, so set it to 1 :D

-Save your new app.db

-Send it to the Ps4, replace the old one

-Restart the Ps4

-Try to delete the app now and..... profit !

Have fun guys ! :wacky:

Ps:Im lazy af, if this post gets any traction i will complement this tutorial with print screens to make it easier
We always start with good intentions
But lose ourselves along the way.
Hugnkiss

Re: Ps4 FTP to delete bloatware

Post by Hugnkiss »

Nice Tutorial Warped :-D, I like it a lot. I do have one qusten though, Could a person use WinSCP instead of Filezilla, and is there a chance that doing this could cause issues down the road, for say updateing to a new jailbreak? Again just asking. :-)
Warped

Post by Warped »

Hugnkiss wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:07 pm
Nice Tutorial Warped :-D, I like it a lot. I do have one qusten though, Could a person use WinSCP instead of Filezilla, and is there a chance that doing this could cause issues down the road, for say updateing to a new jailbreak? Again just asking. :-)
You can use whatever FTP client you wish, i just used Filezilla for this one.

Doubt it will cause any issues, if anything when you install a new firmware it will probably be installed yet again. (I did not test this)

Have fun :)
Hugnkiss

Post by Hugnkiss »

Warped wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:10 pm
Hugnkiss wrote:

Doubt it will cause any issues, if anything when you install a new firmware it will probably be installed yet again. (I did not test this)

Sounds Great, Thank you very much, Also one other qusten can you be ban for jailbreaking your ps4 system?
Warped

Post by Warped »

Hugnkiss wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:14 pm
Warped wrote:
Hugnkiss wrote:

Sounds Great, Thank you very much, Also one other qusten can you be ban for jailbreaking your ps4 system?
Yes, 100%. Keep it offline if jailbreaking is your thing. I used the Esp 12-E method of injecting the payload until i decided to do this today and now im using the offline cached payload method.

Bottom line is = keep it offline if you don´t want a ban.
Hugnkiss

Post by Hugnkiss »

Warped wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:18 pm
Hugnkiss wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:14 pm
Warped wrote:

Yes, 100%. Keep it offline if jailbreaking is your thing. I used the Esp 12-E method of injecting the payload until i decided to do this today and now im using the offline cached payload method.

Bottom line is = keep it offline if you don´t want a ban.
Ok, Sounds great, Thank you very much for telling me that. :-D
xanires

Post by xanires »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
FrankJScott

Updated Product Tips

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about Useful Product Tips e331d0c
FrankJScott

Cool Product Site

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about Excellent Product Tips d2bd0e3