How to Fix Gdrive Quota Errors

In this section, we will help you better understand what may seem unclear to you.
Cronos
Site Admin

How to Fix Gdrive Quota Errors

Post by Cronos »

From time to time, when trying to download a file, you might see an error message saying “Download quota exceeded, so you can’t download this file at this time”. Here’s how to bypass that message and download what you want:
  • Go to Google Drive, and click “My Drive” in the sidebar.
  • Make a new folder in your drive, it doesn’t matter what you name it.
  • Go to the file/repository, and right click on whatever you want to download and press “Add Shortcut to Drive”.
  • Navigate to “My Drive” and then to the folder you made, then press “Add Shortcut”.
  • Go to “My Drive” on the sidebar, then right click the folder you made and press “Download”.
  • A file will be made with the file(s) you selected. Enjoy!
system32

Re: How to Fix Gdrive Quota Errors

Post by system32 »

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.
Cronos
Site Admin

Post by Cronos »

system32 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:57 am
Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.
have you try this tutorial ?
conradargo

Post by conradargo »

I myself haven't been able to use this workaround for _at least_ a whole year now. Doesn't matter whether I try to create a shortcut or even make a copy of the file; Google Drive still says that the quota has been reached (i.e. too many recent downloads).

Pretty sure that Google found out about this nifty little abusement-trick pretty fast and then managed to do something about it, so I've been avoiding Google Drive links ever since.

And yup, this workaround _still_ doesn't work when I try it.
JPWarrant

Post by JPWarrant »

conradargo wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:50 am
I myself haven't been able to use this workaround for _at least_ a whole year now. Doesn't matter whether I try to create a shortcut or even make a copy of the file; Google Drive still says that the quota has been reached (i.e. too many recent downloads).

Pretty sure that Google found out about this nifty little abusement-trick pretty fast and then managed to do something about it, so I've been avoiding Google Drive links ever since.

So I jsut made this account to explain to everyone replying to this thread. This method DOES still work. I udnerstand you all keep getting the quota exceeded error. That is because when you make the copy of the file to your own drive, you are then right clicking the file IN your drive and trying to download it. You need to folow this tutorial in the original post. You add the files to a NEW FOLDER inm your drive, then you right click and DOWNLOAD THE FOLDER THAT HAS THE FILES INSIDE. DO NOT TRY TO DOWNLOAD THE FILES THEMSELVES. P.S I just used this technique 5 min ago.
conradargo

Post by conradargo »

JPWarrant wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:38 pm
conradargo wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:50 am

So I jsut made this account to explain to everyone replying to this thread. This method DOES still work. I udnerstand you all keep getting the quota exceeded error. That is because when you make the copy of the file to your own drive, you are then right clicking the file IN your drive and trying to download it. You need to folow this tutorial in the original post. You add the files to a NEW FOLDER inm your drive, then you right click and DOWNLOAD THE FOLDER THAT HAS THE FILES INSIDE. DO NOT TRY TO DOWNLOAD THE FILES THEMSELVES. P.S I just used this technique 5 min ago.
I dangit, you're right - I didn't read the instructions closely enough but just assumed that it said to download the file, not "right click the folder you made and press “Download”."! So that was very silly of me, especially since I too registered here mostly just to comment on how this method no longer works :oops:

Thanks for pointing this out, I'm sure I won't be the last boi to make this mistake! :P
xanires

Post by xanires »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting
FrankJScott

Top Product Guide

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about Useful Product Website 674ae0_
FrankJScott

Top Product Site

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about Excellent Product Tips d8674ae