Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate Switch NSP

Rodimus

Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate Switch NSP

Post by Rodimus »

muchisimas gracias, eres un crack. Thanks!!
dmanofcolor

Post by dmanofcolor »

Warcat wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:50 am
How do I install a .xci file on the switch and what difference does it make if its .nsp or .xci? Sorry that this is off topic but I'm confused by the purpose of the 2 different files. I see a lot of people asking for .xci. is .xci better?
XCI is a game cartridge file, so it is basically saying that you have the physical game cartridge in your switch.
NSP is the digital eshop file, so its saying the game or dlc was bought from the eshop.

So

XCI- Physical Game
NSP- Digital Game, Updates or DLC

For example, you can download the XCI version of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and if you wanted to play the new DLC, you would have to find the DLC in NSP format and install the NSP DLC only after you have mounted the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 XCI.

To answer your 1st question, XCI doesn't need installed but instead it needs to be mounted, but NSP does need to be installed.

Depending on whether you are using SX OS or other Switch Modding Methods, it could differ from how XCI are mounted or NSP are installed. Youtube helped me with this though, being that i use SX OS which is simple although I paid 25 dollars for a SX OS License compared to others methods unknown to me that may be free.
Gothmog

Post by Gothmog »

dmanofcolor wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:44 am
Warcat wrote:
How do I install a .xci file on the switch and what difference does it make if its .nsp or .xci? Sorry that this is off topic but I'm confused by the purpose of the 2 different files. I see a lot of people asking for .xci. is .xci better?
XCI is a game cartridge file, so it is basically saying that you have the physical game cartridge in your switch.
NSP is the digital eshop file, so its saying the game or dlc was bought from the eshop.

So

XCI- Physical Game

For example, you can download the XCI version of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and if you wanted to play the new DLC, you would have to find the DLC in NSP format and install the NSP DLC only after you have mounted the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 XCI.

To answer your 1st question, XCI doesn't need installed but instead it needs to be mounted, but NSP does need to be installed.

Depending on whether you are using SX OS or other Switch Modding Methods, it could differ from how XCI are mounted or NSP are installed. Youtube helped me with this though, being that i use SX OS which is simple although I paid 25 dollars for a SX OS License compared to others methods unknown to me that may be free.
Wow, that's the best details I've read about nsp/xci. Thanks.

One quick question though, when I play another xci, the previous one will be unmounted for the new one.
In this case, the update or dlc (a nsp) will immediately be recognized when I play the first game again? No need to reinstall?
Pr1m3MOD

Post by Pr1m3MOD »

Gothmog wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:12 am
dmanofcolor wrote:
Warcat wrote:

So

XCI- Physical Game

One quick question though, when I play another xci, the previous one will be unmounted for the new one.
In this case, the update or dlc (a nsp) will immediately be recognized when I play the first game again? No need to reinstall?
Sure, the installed nsp update or dlc will be installed into your console memory or into your SD card so, you won't need to reinstall it.

In fact, I'm actually searching for a way of uninstalling them so I get more free space for this game lol.

NSP games uninstall like eShop games but I don't know how to uninstall DLCs or updates (Since I have a copy of the nsp files on my computer, I don't mind uninstalling an update. If I need it I'll install it later).
sorc3xbox

Post by sorc3xbox »

Pr1m3MOD wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:29 am
Gothmog wrote:
dmanofcolor wrote:

So

XCI- Physical Game

Sure, the installed nsp update or dlc will be installed into your console memory or into your SD card so, you won't need to reinstall it.

In fact, I'm actually searching for a way of uninstalling them so I get more free space for this game lol.

NSP games uninstall like eShop games but I don't know how to uninstall DLCs or updates (Since I have a copy of the nsp files on my computer, I don't mind uninstalling an update. If I need it I'll install it later).
I have done some research on this as well and it seems the only way to uninstall DLC is to uninstall the entire file (game + dlc) which sucks but at least it won't delete game saves in this process. I had this issue a few times with the Xenoblade 2 JP Language pack that I didn't want to use anymore and thus had to uninstall and reinstall full game + update and not select to install the JP Language pack from the eshop (or SX OS if you were using that method).
apparat

Post by apparat »

sorc3xbox wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:16 pm
Pr1m3MOD wrote:
Gothmog wrote:

I have done some research on this as well and it seems the only way to uninstall DLC is to uninstall the entire file (game + dlc) which sucks but at least it won't delete game saves in this process. I had this issue a few times with the Xenoblade 2 JP Language pack that I didn't want to use anymore and thus had to uninstall and reinstall full game + update and not select to install the JP Language pack from the eshop (or SX OS if you were using that method).
You can uninstall updates and dlcs individually from devmenu. Select options on your game of choice, go to manage, and from there you can delete nsp updates and dlcs.
Gothmog

Post by Gothmog »

Pr1m3MOD wrote:
Gothmog wrote:
dmanofcolor wrote:

So

XCI- Physical Game

I found out how you can delete updates, it's as easy as going to the console settings, in the manage storage.
There the updates are listed (i did several updates on XCI with NSP) and you can delete them manually
Octogon

Post by Octogon »

my son got banned because he have play Odessy from cardrige , so for me i play for this time only XCI Games , but after they have bann me , or my son . i just take now NSP Games . So the online pay time is comming , too. and for that i would not payed , so for me its ok that they have bann me . :million:
Gothmog

Post by Gothmog »

Octogon wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:03 pm
my son got banned because he have play Odessy from cardrige , so for me i play for this time only XCI Games , but after they have bann me , or my son . i just take now NSP Games . So the online pay time is comming , too. and for that i would not payed , so for me its ok that they have bann me . :million:
Sorry for you. That's also a reason why i only get xci because i'm pretty sure my kids will get banned as well :laugh:
Nsp are known to be a huge risk a ban compared to xci.
I just wonder if xci updated with nsp are concerned though
cyanity

Post by cyanity »

I run my hacked switch in airplane mode only, so no risk of banning, but since MonHun is a traditionally coop game, I'll probably just pay for the game when it comes out...